I’m not going to lie; when I opened the very first email Professor Campbell sent before class started, I was a little apprehensive about this class. I took this class because I was tired of the normal writing/English classes and this seemed to be like a different approach. I could never have imagined how much I would learn in such a short time. Although it seemed very fast paced, it forced us to accomplish things most of us never thought we could. My favorite project was the sound project. I was able to take small sounds and clips and make something amazing. It is a great feeling to have to know I was able to accomplish these projects without any prior knowledge of Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Premier Pro, or Audacity.
A few things I want to remember later on:
- Although DJ Spooky seems like an unorganized crazy person, his thoughts are actually pretty amazing.
- Basically everything in this world is a remix of something else.
- Google is my best friend especially when trying to figure out how to do something in Adobe.
- Copyrights can hurt more than help the future.
- Don’t just do funny. This generation is all about making something funny or cool.
- What is the so what? Of life? Of every project?
- Clichés are overrated
These along with a hundred of other things I learned in class will help me in life. It has definitely been an interesting journey, but I’m glad I got to do it.