Choose either from the Lament for Joe Hall or This American Life–Superpowers!— and write a careful (full of care) analysis of it. For example: What do you notice about how it is put together? What are its rhetorical effects? Can you talk about it’s affective power (contagion, layered experiences, emotion)? How does it draw upon the distinct affordances of sound as a mode of storytelling? What will you take away from this piece as you begin your own work in audio documentary? Be sure to point to specific moments in the podcast to illustrate your ideas.
birds are chirping,
**don’t forget to categorize your reply in “blog 8 replies.”
reminder | Critical Blog Posts:
1) Should engage slowly and carefully with the text
2) Refer to specific examples from the text under examination.
3) Pose at least one question for class discussion.
4) Be a minimum of 300 words.
5) Include a descriptive title and relevant tags for navigation and indexing.
6) Must be proofread and spell-checked.